APPLE WATCH 6 MAY TRACKS BLOOD PRESSURE WITHOUT A CLUMSY CUFF

Home Forums Blogspot / Google Blogger Forum APPLE WATCH 6 MAY TRACKS BLOOD PRESSURE WITHOUT A CLUMSY CUFF

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    crisslyn
    Participant

Another Apple Watch 6 health feature?

The Apple Watch 6 is expected to get more health tracking features than the current iterations, and a recently published patent suggests it could pack another opportunity: blood pressure monitoring.

While Apple Watches have been able to track heart rate for many years, atypical blood pressure can be a sign of persistent medical conditions such as hypertension, which itself can be a sign of more serious problems; among other things, it could increase a person’s risk of contracting Covid-19, according to CNN.

While a blood pressure reading usually requires an accessory such as a compression cuff, an Apple patent has not been filed. 10,646,121 describes how non-invasive blood pressure measurement could be possible: using applanation tonometry, a method that optometrists use to measure pressure in the eye.

The patent details what this might look like, including a series of electrodes on a wearable device (presumably an Apple Watch) and / or capacitive nodes along the watch’s range.

While most of the possible configurations use capacitive pressure sensors, the patent notes that they could be applied to other types – for example, piezoresistive pressure sensors that change shape when pressure is applied – suggesting that Apple just like watches brand royal london rafiqsonsonline(.)com/product-category/royal-london/ has options for measuring pressure and the ultimate used method.

In other words, Apple leaves room for itself to decide which one to implement, if any – which makes sense since the patent was first filed in September 2016. While patents don’t necessarily mean that features will make it in devices, its publication now – May 12, 2020, to be precise – suggests it could appear in the Apple Watch 6.

Huawei may soon get a new top-end smartwatch to compete with the Apple Watch 6

COMPLETE HEALTH TRACKING SUPPLEMENT
    The Apple Watch 6 is already poised to receive several updates to its health tracker, the biggest of which is blood oxygen monitoring, which can help users determine if they are suffering from sleep apnea.

But combine blood oxygen tracking with heart rate monitoring, and the Apple Watch 6 may be able to detect if wearers are hyperventilating and, as analyst John Prosser predicted, instruct owners to stop and calm down.

Adding blood pressure readings to the mix could enable the smartwatch to track even more conditions and improve its ability to keep track of the user’s health.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
ADVERTISEMENT

Categories

About Me

Serdadu Tridatu

Blogger & Traveler

Hello & welcome to my blog! My name is Serdadu Tridatu and I'm a 20-year-old independent blogger with a passion for sharing about health and money making online.

Newsletter

Our Hub’s Visitor Stats

Users Today : 135
Users Yesterday : 157
This Month : 4381
This Year : 35638
Total Users : 53988
Views Today : 347
Total views : 191608
Who's Online : 6
Server Time : 2020-11-30
ADVERTISEMENT

Categories

About Me

Serdadu Tridatu

Blogger & Traveler

Hello & welcome to my blog! My name is Serdadu Tridatu and I'm a 20-year-old independent blogger with a passion for sharing about health and money making online.

Newsletter

Our Hub’s Visitor Stats

Users Today : 135
Users Yesterday : 157
This Month : 4381
This Year : 35638
Total Users : 53988
Views Today : 348
Total views : 191609
Who's Online : 6
Server Time : 2020-11-30

Login to your account below

Fill the forms bellow to register

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.